Due to recent restructuring within the company, we are recruiting an Engineering supervisor to manage our CAD Engineering team at our base in Monkton, South Ayrshire.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your primary focus will be to lead a small team of CAD Manufacturing Engineers to support the introduction of new products into the existing manufacturing process at WMcD. The team are responsible for delivery of engineering support to the shop floor and other areas of the business as required. A key focus will be to improve quality, throughput and efficiency in the manufactured products.
The role will also involve:
Prioritising the workload of the team to meet departmental and company objectives. Managing the support required to progress new products from design through the development process whilst ensuring:
All Production data, such as drawings, Bills of Materials, Work Instructions are complete prior to handover to production.
Conducting annual employee reviews and mentoring and developing the team.
Managing KPI’s and providing weekly feedback.
We are looking for an Engineering Supervisor with a proven track record in leading teams within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will possess a degree or an HNC/HND in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification. Or alternatively, have a minimum of seven years’ experience in a sheet metal manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A detailed knowledge of a solid modelling CAD system, such as AutoCAD Inventor of Solidworks 3D.
- Be PC literate with experience of MS Office and computerised production control systems.
- A good understanding of production techniques, including fabrication, welding and machined components.
- A working knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management system principles and their application to departmental and company processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and techniques and value engineering.
Apply by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in writing to:-
Wallace McDowall Ltd
Bld. 11c Spirit AeroSystems